Monday, July 27, 2009

I Believe The Children Are Our Future Teach Them Well And Let Them Lead The Way



"I believe the children are our are future, teach them well and let them lead the way "- George Benson
http://www.cduniverse.com/lyrics.asp?id=398332


I don't like that song but the words fit . Tonight. I was checking my Multiply inbox and ran into this Multiply Note. Which is Multiply's equivalent of a 'Tweet' or what is generically known as a micro blog.




" people that watch the SONA clap a lot. right after she says stuff."


This came from a young person who is a contact of one of my contacts. Those of you who know me might notice a paradox that lies within. Ask me in person what's up and you will be lucky to get three words. I see a thought in my network from someone I don't even know and it produces this response:



Hope you don't mind my reaction. I was not watching it (State of the Nation speech) . I was at work but what you have to know is in this country, politics is defined as helping yourself while giving the illusion you are serving others. I may not be your lola's age but it's been a long time since I could see a speech the way you are seeing it now. Welcome to the world of partisan politics. There is a lot of blind loyalty and that is the clapping that you hear. I will tell you something and I will be so happy if someone out there can prove me wrong. I do not see big boy politics as a game played by someone with a good heart. There is just so much darkness that politicians have to do and deal with that to get there they have to be dark themselves. Best get educated about this stuff early since the better informed your generation is , the more hope I can see for this place.



But who am I to talk? My generation contributed to the way things are now.

Ed

reference:

http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/topics/Greatest_Love_of_All

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greatest_Love_of_All

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Very-Best-George-Benson-Greatest/dp/B00009YW8U






No comments: