Saturday, July 11, 2009

Diane This One's For You






"So many faces in and out of my life
Some will last
Some will just be now and then
Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes "

Billy Joel - Say Goodbye To Hollywood from Turnstiles.


Don't misunderstand. These songs are not about her or us. First is a song we used to sing together. Second is a song we used to dance together. Every once in a while pay tribute to a person least expecting it. Well I thought an unforgettable person like Diane would not be a bad person to do that for. Toast things that make a friendship unique. And nothing really in particular about her triggered this. So don't visualize her in some hospital bed. Except I was thinking of the first song today and it made me think of her. Also helps I follow Weird Al on Twitter.

Just a few memories

  • Her philosophy on bowling
  • Weddings we attended
  • Our mutual bugging of a homophobic friend.
  • All those softball tournaments even if we were never on same team.
  • Her stint as Miss Digital


I had no idea I was going to write this when I woke up this morning but wrote it I did. Hope you like it, and who knows? Maybe Diane will too.


Ed





No comments: