...............and he's not afraid to use it.
He is the center for the Washington Wizards. Listened to him and he said a lot of what I say. He feels it's important to have something to say . He does not feel you have to agree with him but he will make his point as best as he can. Whoa!!! He is speaking to me and what I have been trying to do for a year and a half. Download the attachment below to listen to an intelligent young man. If you can not see the attachment while you are reading this, click here.
- impassioned case against drunk driving and his personal experience
- belief in the Lord
- his need to blog to get his opinion out and make his point
- his thought on DUI of a fellow pro athlete resulting in death
- why he does not Twitter
- stereotypical view of athletes and why he wants to change that
- how he feels about Gilbert Arenas
- why dog killer and dog fight organizer Mike Vick deserves another chance.
- his Alma mater North Carolina
Based on these twelve minutes, I have a glimmer of hope that pro athletes can use their stage to enlighten people instead of looking out for endorsements. There is somebody out there that does not go the exclusive facebook/ twitter route.
His last words -
"You can't be afraid you gotta speak what's on your mind. "
I was meant to hear this and share it with you.