Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Alternative to Capital Punishment

"Well your honor I do believe I'd be better off dead
So if you can take a man's life for the thoughts that's in his head
Then sit back in that chair and think it over judge one more time
And let 'em shave off my hair and put me on that killin' line."

Johnny 99 by Bruce Springsteen

Here is another example of the Governor of Ohio delaying two executions :

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/CRIME/10/05/ohio.lethal.injection/index.html

If we had some alternative to executions maybe we could accomplish more than we already are. A.Whitney Brown used to say Republicans are against abortion but for capital punishment so it's all in the timing. Here is my humble suggestion and if it it's adopted, please send me the royalty checks .

Expose Death Row to only 6 hours of this guy's show:

One of two things will happen.

a) They will beg for mercy and they will be totally rehabilitated.

b) they will somehow end their lives on their own.

I'd love to see the humane society protest that.

Ed

special thanks to one of my boyhood comedic idols Robert Kline for the idea

No comments: