Wednesday, August 12, 2009

These Three Minutes Made Me Choke Up On The Way Home Today





So I will leave you today to talk about choices or choice. Remember to choose or the choices you make in our lives will build our destinies that we make. Choices made throughout our lives were also determine our destiny. Matthew 22:14, many are called, few are chosen. God has given us a gift to choose. It's a power that we normally don't talk about. I leave you today with these thoughts. Choose. Choose to love rather than hate. Choose to create rather than to destroy. Choose to persevere rather than quit. Choose to praise rather than gossip. Choose to heal rather than wound. Choose to pray, rather than curse. Choose to live, rather than die. Choose Jesus Christ over the world. God bless you.


The end of Rod Woodson's Hall of Fame speech

August 9, 2009 12:06 AM

I am an old guy but I remember what it was like to be a kid. To both be teased for being different and to tease what is different. I highly recommend the following to all of you . Some of you know I hate driving in Manila traffic. But it's hearing things like this while I drive that help get me though the ordeal. I hope by now you have learned to once in a while take a break from music and listen to inspirational things that can be good for your soul and morale.



It's a short 3 minutes that's part of a speech. It's about labels, it's about stereotypes, it's about discrimination. It's about perspective. Listen to it and I hope you are touched like I was.




Ed



Technical note: Included in the Multiply post are:

1) audio of his speech (partial) about being biracial (3 minutes)
2) Transcript of entire speech (rtf)

Click here if you don't see it.


http://cornholiogogs.multiply.com/journal/item/865/These_Three_Minutes_Made_Me_Choke_Up_On_The_Way_Home_Today

No comments: