Friday, April 10, 2009

The Genie Joke


"I'm not easy to live with-
I know that its true
You're no picnic either, babe
And that's one of the things I loved about you"


Don Henley - Not Enough Love in The World from Building the Perfect Beast. video below or click here.





I could be ten years younger and people would still be asking why am I not married. My default answer is not usually good enough "same sex marriage is still not legal here". Anyway was having a nice discussion with a good online friend of mine on that very topic and it reminded me of this joke I often tell. It has made priests laugh, it has made young teenage nephews wonder what I was talking about. To my female readers and good friends, don't take it seriously. But if you are tempted to take it seriously go back to the big quote above. It's my fault too.

Ed









http://www.jokeindex.com/joke.asp?Joke=3529



A man was walking along a Florida beach and stumbled across an old lamp. He picked it up and rubbed it, and out popped a genie.

The genie said, "OK, You released me from the lamp, blah blah blah. This is the fourth time this month, and I'm getting a little sick of these wishes so you can forget about three... You only get one wish!"

The man sat, and thought about it for a while and said, "I've always wanted to go to Hawaii, but I'm scared to fly, and I get very seasick. Could you build me a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over there to visit?"

The genie laughed and said, "That's impossible!!!

Think of the logistics of that! How would the supports ever reach the bottom of the Pacific? Think of how much concrete -- how much steel!! No, think of another wish."

The man said, "OK, I'll try to think of a really good wish."

Finally, he said, "I've been married and divorced four times. My wives always said that I don't care and that I'm insensitive.

So, I wish that I could understand women, know how they feel inside, and what they're thinking when they give me the silent treatment. Know why they're crying, know what they really want when they say "nothing,", know how to make them truly happy."

The genie said, "Do you want that bridge to be two lanes or four?"








No comments: