Saturday, November 15, 2008

Sometimes You Can't Defend The Philippines

Sometimes I wonder why I always start my blog entries with the word "sometimes". Sometimes you read someone else's stuff and you think of things to reply that could up a blog entry on it's own. In this person's blog I said :
That's the problem. You seem too smart to be appreciated and voted in by the electorate. I hate to be blunt but if its true that 's why I am saying it- to be president in this country , the last thing and the worst thing you can do is appeal to people's intellect. Our voters either don't have it or do not use it. For me the intellect of our country men is blatantly displayed weekdays at noon time on so called "free tv" . That is why some of us have pessimistic feelings about where this country is and where it's going. We all want to be proud but if you guys ever read my blog http://cornholiogogs.multiply.com/journal I constantly talk about people taking pride in the wrong things and not valuing the right things. I have no idea why this country stops functioning and hoops and hollers over a Filipino who 3 times a year flies to Las Vegas and beats up on some Mexican when they take pride in voting in and supporting politicians who rob everybody blind. Bob Dylan once sang "Steal a little and they put you in jail, steal a lot and they make you king".
To read the whole thing in context plus other people's comments go to the source.
http://neusdadt.multiply.com/links/item/10/Why_I_Hate_Our_Country...?replies_read=35
The title may sound inflammatory but it actually isn't. The author seems to make the point that he would rather the person's claims be false but the country has not given him much to work with. He does tell us to keep in mind the date of the piece. Who was president then? Oh yeah , the same guy depicted in the comic at the top of the page.
They say you can tell a person by who defends them. Well let me give you an example of who defends and supports Erap
For years now I have the fundamental belief that Richard Gomez represents everything that is wrong with the Philippines. His values, the people who value him , his over estimation of his superiority. Well tonight I am pleased I find someone out there in the blogosphere who believes this more than I do.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oJiyoKOCyWw (with an endorsement like this, how can he go wrong?)
I can honestly say either I am not crazy since someone else sees what I see or this someone else is just meeting me at my level. However sublime that is.
Ed

No comments: