Tuesday, November 18, 2008

All actor politicians not created equal Schwarzenegger

I was reading somewhere in the blogosphere, someone making fun of California that they had Arnold as their Gubenator. I think (though I am not 100% sure ) that the person in question typecast Arnie's profession and juxtaposed it with their experience of local actors in significant political roles like Bong Revilla, Joseph Estrada ,Jinggoy Estrada, FPJ, Vic Sotto, Richard Gomez etc.

I won't bother Googling all those guys I mentioned but how many of them finished college and/or high school? Arnold has an MBA unlike Erap who can't even spell MBA.

Not sure how well versed you may be with 20th century U.S. Politics but the Kennedy clan is as significant a family the Democrats have. Regardless of the eternal rumor that the patriarch was a bootlegger during Prohibition. Arnold who has always been vocally Republican well before his Governor gig married into that family. Think about that one for a sec. Maybe not in the scale of the Montagues and the Capulets or the Jets and the Sharks or an active member of the IRA marrying into the Royal Family but I hope you get the picture. The guy campaigned for George Bush in 1988 uttering the famous line "When it comes to the American Future Michael Dukakis will be the real Terminator!". Next time you see me I will gladly do my impression of it, since it's the only one I can do.

Anyway if any of you doubt my claim (of his competence compared to Pinoy actor politicians) even one iota. I have included an interview of the Gubenator taken from a current news show I listen weekly. It's twenty minutes long. It just came out three days ago so topics included the recent concluded Presidential election and what lies next for the challenge that the US faces.

Like me, once you get over the fact that those articulate answers were said in the same accent and voice as the following lines you will be fine:

  • You know what I like about bedrooms? You almost always find a bed in there.
  • Amber: [after Richards cut Buzzsaw in half with a chain saw] What happened to Buzzsaw?
    Ben Richards
    : He had to split.
  • You should not drink and bake!
  • Because of you a lot of people are dead and now, it's your turn!
  • Ben Richards: I live to see you eat that contract, but I hope you leave enough room for my fist because I'm going to ram it into your stomach and break your god-damn spine!
  • Max, if you're the best there is, the wheel would never have been invented.
  • You should be reading stories about bears that go shopping!
  • You're a funny man, Sully, I like you. That's why I'm going to kill you last.
  • Cindy: Can you tell me what this is all about?
    Matrix: Yeah, a guy I trusted for years wants me dead.
    Cindy: That’s understandable. I've only known you for five minutes and I want you dead, too.
  • [Comes out from hidden place] Come on Bennett, throw away the chicken s**t gun, you don't just want to pull the trigger, you want to put the knife in me, and look me in the eye, and see whats going on in there when you turn it, thats what you want to do, right?
  • Harry Tasker: First I'm gonna use you as a human shield, then I gonna kill this guard over there, with the Patterson trocar on the table. Then I was thinking about breaking your neck.

Ed

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/americas/3131155.stm

http://www.netkushi.com/hollywood/arnold-schwarzenegger.php

http://mbagladiator.blogspot.com/2008/04/arnold-schwarzenegger-and-yale.html

http://gov.ca.gov/about/arnold

http://www.nga.org/portal/site/nga/menuitem.29fab9fb4add37305ddcbeeb501010a0/?vgnextoid=1dac224971c81010VgnVCM1000001a01010aRCRD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAU4AOu7Hvs

No comments: