Tuesday, November 2, 2010

In Tribute To The Giants Winning The World Series












I have only seen a game in Candlestick Park in San Francisco once. This was twenty years ago at night with my cousins. The Houston Astros were the visitors. Maybe
Jim Deshaies and John Burkett were pitching I was not entirely sure. It's a twenty year old guess. In between innings that night I went to go purchase a beer.



I was wearing that exact sweater you see me in.





I bought it that day in the Macy's in Union Square. At the time I really could not believe my luck.



The beer vendor at the counter was an African American woman. She asked me " Are you going to Grambling State hon, or are you just wearing the shirt?"

Well to fully contextualize look up Grambling State University if you are not familiar with it.



Ed




No comments: