Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Best review of Twilight ever by Doc Albert

Glad I was not convinced to go. I will let Doc take it. He says it way better than I could (assuming I ever saw movie).

Ed

http://worldofalbert.multiply.com/reviews/item/115/Twilight_Overhyped_And_Superficially_Juvenile






More Videos and even more videos


Forgive me avid Twilight fans for what I'm about to say: the movie sucks! Now, this review is based solely on the movie. Due to its craze and cult following, it heightened my curiosity to check it out. But I guess curiosity did kill me. Marred with a dragging storyline, cheesy dialogues and bad acting, Twilight can be summarized as "hype without substance." It highly reminds me of the crappy teen horror flick of last year The Covenant. In fact, Twilight can be metaphorically compared to Dawson's Creek with fangs. Or more so, Beverly Hills 90210 the vampire version. All of which appeals to the young estrogen driven love struck female fans. Aside from the mediocre elements of the film, my Twilight movie watching has been totally, absolutely, and unexpectedly become one of the shameful sagas of my life. Being trapped in a cinema full of screaming prepubertal and adolescent girls has totally forsaken my testicular fortitude. It is like a straight guy getting lost finding himself inevitably in a gay bar. Getting a below average review rating from movie critics all over the internet, Twilight is one of those movies whose box office success can be attributed merely to the fuss it generated, much like the Harry Potter movies. The Twilight sequel comes out next year. I already made my new year's resolution. That I may not fall victim ever again to an overhyped, superficially juvenile, teenybopper and non-substantial vampire movie whose sole purpose is to make teenage girls hallucinate.

Visit my site:

http://worldofalbert.blogspot.com

No comments: