Thursday, December 18, 2008

Avoid Me If You Want To Live

Four years ago I did something my family did not quite understand and neither did I . I decided to give up all pork. Doctor told me to and when I thought about it, if you named 10 bad food for you without going into dessert , more than half of them would be pork based. Anyway that decision was something I had to live with when people ordered pizza or there was lechon or whatever. That decision made me feel slightly better when I read Doc Albert's blog posting below. Now I am not saying my remaining diet is perfect. I was just able to stick to giving up pork cold turkey. So the Baconator won't be anything in my sights anytime soon. Anyway I like what Doc wrote and hope you listen to him too.

Ed

http://worldofalbert.multiply.com/reviews/item/113/Wendys_Baconator_Killing_You_Softly

January is the time when there is an overflow of stroke and MI patients at hospitals. This phenomenon is presumably due to overbinging on fatty food during the Holiday season. The first time I saw the Wendy's Baconator ad on tv, I cannot help but feel sorry for the souls of old, high risk and overweight people who would fall prey to this tempting treat. They would practically be digging their own graves. The Baconator boasts of 3 strips of bacon, 2 beef patties, and 2 slices of cheese stuffed in a bun. Just by the mere mention of the ingredients alone, you know that the Baconator serves as a prototype of one unhealthy meal. Eating it is no different from putting a bullet on your heart. The high sodium, cholesterol rich, and atherogenic tummy filler can be compared to a detonator where feeding yourself habitually with such can detonate a ticking time bomb in you. Filipinos are known to have the oiliest, greasiest, fattiest, and saltiest delicacies. For that, I have been serious in my advocacy on healthy eating. Selling for P230, the Wendy's Baconator diet is one expensive way of killing yourself.

Visit my site for more:

http://worldofalbert.blogspot.com

http://worldofalbert.multiply.com/reviews/item/113/Wendys_Baconator_Killing_You_Softly

No comments: