Thursday, July 22, 2010

Three Quick Reasons To Be Always Reading Good Things




I always told my classes to make it a habit to pick up good non fiction books every once in a while then read them.


Because in every class I sing the praises of 7 Habits of Highly Effective People. I don't think too many of them have adopted that habit but I keep trying anyway. Maybe part of my problem is I did not paint the picture clearly enough why they should do it. So at today's class I debuted my simple 3 points. None of it original mind you, just wanted to get the point across to keep learning while they are young.


1. Your Habits Will Define You.

2. A Wise Man learns from his mistakes. A Wiser Man learns from other people's mistakes.

3. Your mind is like your body, a significant factor to how it develops is a function of what you put into it.

I had a previous post on this. The Myth

Jim Rohn once said to always buy expensive blank books so you will be encouraged to put something in there to make the expense worth it. Maybe I still did not win any converts today. But maybe I can win you.

Ed


http://cornholiogogs.multiply.com/journal/item/1080/Why_The_Term_Motivational_Is_A_Misnomer

http://cornholiogogs.multiply.com/journal/item/1126/They_Ask_Me_Why_I_Teach

No comments: