Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Sky is not Falling Part 2


Below are simple easy to understand tips on comprehending the market no matter what time and situation. Believe me, just because they came from the top of my head does not make me a genius. All the result of reading books, listening to tapes, going to seminars etc. I will provide links and videos when I can but the best is to really go to the bookstore or library and read up on personal finance. Stay away from any sales people at least for now. One thing I can guarantee you is that you have better intentions for yourself and your family than they do. Don't think trust in a commission sales person is a way of avoiding the learning for yourself.
I am telling you the same things I said when I was representing several companies. Now I have no formal ties to the financial industry and I still believe in educating people .
Ed
  • Investment is not about timing the market (bob and weave ) its time in the market.
  • If you are reacting to headlines you are too late.
  • If you are reacting to headlines then so is everybody else.
  • The Stock market is the only market on Earth that when things are on sale, people run away.
  • Markets crash, deal with it.
  • if you get into the market be in for the right reason.
  • No asset class over a fifteen year period will outperform equities. But in order to take advantage of that you will have to stomach the hiccups.
  • A good analogy of the performance of the market is a little kid playing with a yo-yo walking up stairs. I can not make it any simpler. The prices of great companies will go up and down on their way up.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IN2NjauPM9I

No comments: