Saturday, May 24, 2008

Tito Jun courtesy of Angela Vargas

Link

Angela says it so much better than I can. I will say more later on.

Ed



"Angel Soriano Vargas Junior"-May 22, 2008

I woke up at 8:30am the other morning and after around 10 minutes my dad comes running to our room shouting "You better pray for tito Jun! their trying to revive him!", "Who tit JUn?!" manang and i said, Our Tito Jun was the last person we'd ever think of. "Tito JUn! My brother tito jun! My brother! He might be dead!".. I was in shock, i didn't know how to react to it... manang Ina just grabbed her pillow and started crying... Then everyone in Pili starts going out of their rooms and gathering in the terrace, they all start to talk about the bad news they hear. I was in the room with my dad, phones were buzzing right to left that he was being revived for about an hour already.. Then my dad gets a call and all i see is his face going down "Manong JUn passed away?"... I couldn't believe it... He was pronounced dead...

Then i started remembering everything about him... he was the only uncle i felt really close to. He was my partner here in Pili when Martina would be out. He'd show me everthing great about his iphone! He was so funny, He'd show it to me and say "o, do u have this viedo? Look at this! Look what my phone can do!"... You guys have to check out this r year old Korean kid in Youtube who sings "Hey Jude!" in his pampers, he's irresistably cute! Thanks tito for sharing all those funny videos with me and all those "Dancing with the Stars" videos... Thank you for telling me and beleiving in me that i could dance like them though i actually can't... He'd let me play games in his phone when he'd have nothing to do, the Parking Lot game! that was so fun!.. I'd remembber how his fat little fingers would stretch showing me how he'd zoom in and zoom out stuff in his phone... He even made me chek my multiply in his phone but it was funny coz' the pictures were all over the place and you couldn't understand anything... hahaha! anyways, thank you tito...

We in Pili will always remember him as that very cheerful person who'd walk into you and pinch you really hard and bight your shoulder then would ask "Where's your Papa or Where's your Mama? How are they?!"...

One thing i'd never forget about him was that time in Bacolod when i called him up. Tito Jun is my neighbor in Bacolod eh so i called him and said "Tito! i broke my dad's mac! pls come over and fix it... i'm so scared of him. he's not gonna be home till tonight pa naman." Without any hesitation he came to the house. After like 5 minutes i see him coming in in his collared shirt, black pants with his phone attatched to his belt.. i bring him up to the attic and with his experties he fixed the computer... then he asks me "you have water? Can i have Pancit Canton?" hahahahah! so i gave it to him... funny how good he is when it comes to fixing apple products but u give him a PC he can't fix it... Thank you for fixing the mac tito..



As i was remembering all these i just hugged my pillow really tight and cried.. I went out with my big puffy eyes and everyone was wondering why i was crying really hard i just said "he's dead"... everyone started crying, we were all wondering why ddnt he tell anyone he was suffering already? Why did he die alone? No Vargas was in Bacolod when it happened.. We were all here.. Everyone was worried how to break it to Lola.. Lola has tried to loosing her own dad, husband, a son, and a grand son.. it was to heart breaking to tell her... not very long she came out of her room clueless on what has been happening for the past 30 minutes... She comes out saying.. "O sino da sinyu gusto magamit sang auto ko?" nobody answered.. everyone crying was trying to hide. Then she says" ano na ang ginamo!? ano ni? Ano natbo".. and that was it... my dad told her.. she was so kawawa... we all just embraced her eally tight and once in awhile would call the nurse Cevrin to check her BP... It was so sad... Everyone was hurrying to catch a flight and booking reservations just to fetch him and bring him here to Manila. too bad the nxt flightw as still at 4 but thanks to lolo oscar they were able to get a private plane.

Martina and I had to leave the house. We had to go to our "SANTA CRUZAN PRACTICE" when we really didn't want to go... I was suppose to be Reyna Emepretris and Matina, Reyna Elena... We had no choice coz' our parents forced us into it. It's this annual thing they do in Forbes every year wherein we were to ride the kalesa and bla bla bla... anyways, good thing while we were there tita inday had us pulled out because we were supposed to fly home to bacolod for tito jun. As Martina and i were waiting for the car, i was still in tears then Martina and i were saying, "i'll do the santa cruzan any day to get back tito jun".

We got home to Forbes and the cars were lining up in the house, so many drivers were outside. The house was soo full.. Eveyone was there comforting each other and most of all lola.

Tito Jun was a great man, a great father, son and friend. He was so close to God. i love him soo much. Until now many of us still can't believe he's dead. It was just so sudden.

My dad, Tita Ginny, manong ton and manang kina, tita risa, tito vincent and tita tina arrived the next day still wearing the same clothes. they had to stay in bacolod for one day coz' their were so many people who wanted to pay their respects. It's just so over whlmeing to hear that so many people were touched by tito jun, he was a really great man. My dad was saying nga "Manong jun was like a politician, the cars were all the way from carmelites to robinsons... daming tao!"... he was greatly loved, he touched so many lives...Haaaaaaai tito jun, why so soon?

It was so sad to see his lifeless body for the first time. His hands were so white, but you know he looked very gwapo, he's actually smiling. I just can't help but cry eveytime i approach his coffin and i see his chubby face, i start missing his painful "kusi" and his iphone!... haaaaaaaai tito jun...

i'm just so happy we were able to spend a lot of time together in Subic a week ago. He left us a lot, he was actually the one who fixed my sisters mac and she found videos he left in it which he actually made himself. it's about God, he made his own video. It's so nice, he even left manang ina blank dvd's which are now being used to reproduce copies of the video he made... so smart of you tito! I'm also so happy i was able to get a picture with him before he left, it's so funny pa coz' i look so stupid in it but i don't care... what's importanat was that i was with him... I'm so lucky, we have the same name! I'm ANGELA and he's ANGEL! It's so funny also coz' since were neighbors people mistaken his grabage can outside his house that says "AV" as mine! hahahhaha! haaaaaaaaaaai tito....

Tito Jun, you're greatly missed! We miss all your "Kusi!!", why did you have to leave without any of us around? why so soon?... Anyways, thank you for everything you've shared with us. We're happy we now have 3 angels to look over us, YOU, LOLO TOTO and TITO LING.. We love you tito....

Thanks for taking time to read this... please continue to pray for him and his family. I'm actually getting ready coz' us cousins are gonna fetch Manang Issey( from Florence) in the airport at around 1:30 and Manang Elley (from Autralia) later at 4:00, it's gonna be a long day today. Today is his 3rd day. Pls pray for her and Manang Elley, they havn't seen their dad in a long time and it's gonna be really hard for them.

Continue praying for their family and our whole family most especially for Lola Mameng and his brothers and sisters who are still having a really hard time.

WE LOVE YOU TITO JUN!

For those of you who know tito jun and are in Manila, masses are at the Santuario SAn Antonio, 12noon and 7pm... He will be crimated on Monday and his funeral will be on Tuesday.

God Bless!!!





No comments: