Saturday, November 25, 2017

The Two Times I Was Knocked Out





October 1986

I woke up and my wisdom teeth were gone. I was still groggy. David Jansen was kind enough to be my designated driver. I hope he and his sister remember the all the Almond Roca wisecracks. As I came to, the nurse laid out all the ground rules. The only thing I can remember was her saying no alcohol. Somehow I had the presence of mind to make an audible groan. Even then I knew it was only a joke on my part.


October 2017

I was ordered to have debridement. Honestly I had never heard the term before. The cause of this was the monster back zit from hell that caused my blood sugar to jump up to 300. When I came to I had 2 questions : 1) what time was it? 2) What was the score in Game 1 of the World Series? I had the presence of mind to only ask the first question. I bet even local sportscasters would trouble with that question.



No comments: