Monday, August 18, 2008

Pat Riley and the Departing Warrior

I try to have my old books around for the simple reason that I never feel I get 100% out of them the first time around. Also many times something will not make as much as sense as it can to you because you may lack life experience at that point. Anyway I was flipping through this book and came across this blurb. And it reminded of a previous blog entry that you might remember. You also know Pat Riley as the coach and or President of the Lakers, Knicks, Heat. I first read this book in the mid nineties.

Ed

Riles' Rule of the Departing Warrior

When the do-or-die gladiator hangs up his sword, the fear and awe that marked the team's respect of him during his reign may turn to resentment and turmoil. The Warrior's departure may throw his own team off-balance on leaving, as much as his aggressiveness earlier undercut the team's opponents on the field.

No comments: