Wednesday, March 17, 2010

It's that 1% where I get burned



It's that 1% where I get burned



99% of the time, I am a stickler for rules. Because in the back of my mind the 1% of the time I defy the rules I get burned. Tonight is the 1%. First of all why was I there? I am almost out of Starbucks ground coffee in the office and why not go to the same Starbucks at 10:30 PM when there is no sun instead of lunch time. Despite what I told the officer I saw the no right turn on red light sign but hell, its 10:35 PM. Binay's finest probably spending their bribe money somewhere. Nice word in English that 'probably'. Don't use it too often if you don't like getting your drivers license confiscated. Well you know the rest. Motorcycle cop comes out of nowhere. Where are they when Jeepneys and idiots with pseudo sirens go the wrong way for a block or two? I tried doing the Obi-Wan Jedi Mind trick on them but well the Force wasn't with me at the light so what makes the pullover any different?


Ultimately I blame myself. And my addiction to lunch time coffee. All of you just be careful out there.


Ed


Stormtrooper: Let me see your identification.
Obi-Wan: [with a small wave of his hand] You don't need to see his identification.
Stormtrooper: We don't need to see his identification.
Obi-Wan: These aren't the droids you're looking for.
Stormtrooper: These aren't the droids we're looking for.
Obi-Wan: He can go about his business.
Stormtrooper: You can go about your business.
Obi-Wan: Move along.
Stormtrooper: Move along... move along.











No comments: