Wednesday, April 30, 2008

My Own Approach to Blogging



Blog Entry




Back on April 18th someone else's blog entry caught my eye about the approach to blogging itself. Of course this made me think what my approach is. The voices in my head started paraphrasing a scene from Apocalypse Now . "Approach ? I don't see an approach". Anyway for better or for worse this is what I came out with. Why not share me yours?

Ed

My reaction _

I never comment on multiply blogs of people that do not know me. But just as your subject caught my eye I felt I had to share my struggles with blogging. Some artists claim that were liberated by being restricted. It was that very barrier that gave them the ability to think outside of the box. You mentioned it yourself- "without getting paid for it!". With no advertisers to please ,no quotas to hit , heck write what you want , when you want. I read through just now your Pampanga Food Road Trip. It certainly deserved more comments.

If you browse through my blog , you will notice I am sharing chapters of the book The Art of War. Which can be renamed Art of Life. I mentioned Enter the Dragon and how a line there "The Art of Fighting Without Fighting" is in the spirit of Art of War where the best way to win one is not to have one.

Since the only person I ultimately hope to please is myself , I just write about anything I am thinking about. My topics are all over the place. Just like the first playlist I uploaded to Multiply. Just as my horizons have broadened by trying to listen and read different people 's views , I also try to refer the few that read me to different people like Bob Lefsetz who writes about music and the industry. Notice I count them as two separate entities.

In the same way , blogging is the art of writing without writing. You may not get paid for it but you also do not pay to get it read in Davao, Manhattan or Dubai. That famous line "dance like no one is watching". I really write like no one is reading since that's often the case. My own girl friend has yet to join Multiply and has not accessed my google blogger in months. Then again with that much exposure to my thoughts directly she may best spend her little on line time elsewhere.
Anyway hope what I said shows you there is more than one way to skin a cat.


original post

The Art of Blogging

Apr 18, '08 9:31 PM
for everyone
Last night I had dinner with a friend I hadn't seen in months. Both of us having busy schedules, meeting up for dinner or a quick cake-and-wine-affair has been quite a challenge lately. Over cheese naan, palak paneer & mutton masala at New Bombay, I got an update on life as it happened over the past few weeks. As references kept being made to items posted on my friend's blog, I decided to access the site. Poring over archived random posts, i began to appreciate the art of blogging. Hats off to those who actually take time to maintain a blog. It's actually a lot of hard work...imagine planning your layout, thinking up what to post among the many mundane tasks one does in a day, even taking photos and video to fully capture a moment. That's almost like creating a mini presentation each time without getting paid for it!

After reading the last post, I appreciated bloggers most for giving others a sneak peek into their lives. As being together 24/7 is close to impossible, having the opportunity to take part in one's life through their blog helps keep friends connected albeit virtually. Whether one is in Makati or Manhattan, Davao or Dubai...heck, we're all just a blog away and it IS turning out to be a small world after all.

No comments: