Tuesday, November 17, 2009

What A Way To Spend Six Years


http://www.long-mcquade.com/



Worked here from July 1988 to July 1994. Will never forget it. I was already a music and sports nerd before I worked there, I got worse when worked there. I used to like the Toronto Maple Leafs kind of before I worked there. Because it's the same way I like the Red Sox now. Because they are the chief rival of the team I hated it either sport . (Montreal in hockey and Yankees in baseball) But I learned to hate the Leafs working in the store where there were so many Leafs fan who lived and died with every game. And they of course hated the Vancouver Canucks the same way a die hard veteran Chicago Bears fan would look down on a Carolina Panthers fan. Which makes perfect sense in the world of a sports fan.


In my six years there, 5 1/2 of those years we would be 19 people in the store all male. Which may explain my warped sense of humor to this day.




There are many stories involving pizza, music , cappuccinos, two VCRs, box moving, celebs, Friday nights,repossessions , the legal system, Hal Lovo entertaining the troops and others but maybe best left for another time.

I rediscovered this video that shows you the show floor of the store as I remember it. With Wayne the Bass God. A guy who loved flashing the "Evil" hand sign even at a jazz show. Indulge me in another sentimental video.


Ed















Generic disclaimer: If you are viewing this post in Livejournal, Blogspot , Email or Dan Patrick/ CNNSI and you can not find videos or audio or files or pics . Please go here http://cornholiogogs.multiply.com/journal and look for corresponding date of this post. Thank you





No comments: